The Mazda MX5 Club of New Zealand Inc represents the owners in New Zealand of the world's best selling two seater convertible sportscar ever made . Currently we have about 500 members (the car is the member) which means about 900 drivers and co-drivers. The club has a National Committee in Auckland, and regional coordinators from Whangarei in Northland to Invercargill in Southland.
The Regions are enthusiastically managed by a local coordinator and usually once a month they hold an event, where members can make use of their cars, meet people and have fun. They try and cater for all tastes,and hold social events like meals at restaurants or visits to wineries. Sometimes they drive somewhere and do non MX5 related activities, like ten pin bowling, go-karting, caving. It's all about having fun, meeting people and doing things that you may not normally do.
As a financial member of the club you are entitled and encouraged to join in with any other regions event nationwide.
The club also hosts events such as theNational Rally , Driver training/Track day, AGM, and promotional events with Mazda ( such as the Guiness world Record Challenge/ 20th Anniversary National Drive)
Our members receive the following as part of their membership:
- 6 Copies of 'Top Down', the official publication of the MX5 Club of New Zealand. This A4 size magazine is professionally printed and features MX5 news, upcoming club events from around NZ, reports of previous events, hints, tips, help and advice, reviews, stuff for sale, New Zealand MX5 related adverts and other useful interesting MX5 related information.
- Annual membership sticker for your car.
- Top quality plastic membership card (useful for discounts)
- Access to the club website to list "for sale "items
- And most importantly the opportunity to experience the comaradery of the National members!
We have top quality merchandise and clothing especially produced for club members to purchase. The club also have a number of sponsors who offer a range of goods and services and significant discounts to club members, details of some of these businesses can be found on the Links page, but most are listed in the club magazine.